Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself;
is not puffed up; does not behave rudely; does not seek it's own, is not provoked,
thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Bears all things, Believes all things, Hopes all things, Endures all things. Love never fails.~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Details, details

Let's see, where do I start! Some of that weekend I remember very clearly and some of it is a blur. I think that's just how it goes with wedding's. ;-)

I'll start with the rehearsal dinner on the 25th. I spent the day with Mom, Dad and my brother Collin. (Had a fun time with them) We needed to pick up the flowers, table linens, and last minute items.
We got home in just enough time to get the flowers unloaded and into a room in the house that we managed to make like an ice box! Then back out the door to the rehearsal practice.
After we practiced getting married ;-) .... it was on to Spring Creek BBQ, Yum!!
I'm so glad the whole wedding party was able to be there! We had a great time of fellowship with friends and family! After long good byes and bunches of hugs (We are hugger's and I love it) We got in our cars and went home.... but not before I realized I left my phone in Tim's car, so Torie who was with me called him and told him to turn around. We met in a parking lot where Tim jumped out to give it back... poor Samuel thought we were crazy and just needed to see each other again! Haha! Good time!

Day before: 26th

I got to sleep in that morning (was heavenly) Mom woke up early (or maybe she just didn't sleep) to go buy last min food that needed to be prepared that afternoon by some sweet ladies at Tim's parents church. I spent the morning gathering up everything and organizing with the help from Dad!
Around 1pm something Ashley and I headed out to CVS to get some last min pictures printed. We then met The Hebert girls, Torie, Shelby and my best friend Jamie to get our nails done. So relaxing!! It was a treat!

After that was done we headed back to the house to play with flowers, eat pizza and talk. After a while the Hebert girls said their goodbyes and headed back home to meet Mrs Kordik who also came down for the wedding!
We continued working on flowers. We had been given pointers on how to assemble them from our sweet friend Robyne who used to be a florist! We continued working late into the night but enjoyed a nice little break when Chris, Stephani and baby Ray got there! We were so blessed they came all the way from Nashville TN. Tim was a groomsmen in Chris & Steph's wedding a while back. Love you guys!
The night finally started to wrap up around 2- 3am I know, I know... But let me tell you, getting a good nights sleep before your wedding day I believe is a myth.
I got in the shower while Jamie worked on the slide show below! She did an excellent job! Made me cry!




Wedding day! June 27th

I woke up around 7:50 8ish and couldn't go back to sleep if my life depended on it! Poor Jamie stayed in bed a little longer...
I called Tim and talked to him for a bit.

After loading up the trailer of all the decoration stuff and eating, which my Dad made me because he knew I needed to. Thanks Daddy!
Jamie and I got everything we needed to get ready and headed to the Myers Event center where we were having the wedding. We were met there by the Cronin's, a wonderful family who helped us decorate the place and just took care of us!! We couldn't have done it with out them! We had so many wonderful people helping!
All the girls started arriving and getting ready... after getting there anything I was nervous about or any jitters I had about everything going just right were gone. I think I was one of the calmest people there! I was just so happy and ready to get married!
After we were all ready we went outside and took some pictures. Fun times!
Back inside we went to cool off and avoid seeing the guys who were about to be there.
I then had a beautiful gift delivered to me... and orchid plant from my Husband-to-be with a sweet little note addressed to "My wife" ;-) You will see pictures in the link below!

After a little bit more waiting and then everyone being kicked out of the dressing room so my Daddy could come talk to me (sweet tearful moments) It was finally time!! Our very large and awesome wedding party lined up and started to walk down the isle.
I was alone in the dressing room for a moment with My newest baby sister Natalie and my nephew Jack where I got to watch a conversation between them. Natalie is 6 and Jack is almost 3. She was explaining everything to him, how he was to walk down isle and not run. She also reminded him who she was "Tim's sister" for which he said "Hey! Tim, wheres my Tim" Haha!

Then the time had come, Time to go see my love, Time to walk down the isle and become Mrs Timothy Hebert!!

Go here to see our wedding pictures! Password is T&K
http://innerlightphotography.zenfolio.com/timandkatelyn

It's the reception that is the blur, we got to see all our friends and family... Dance, eat, toast and watch the slide show! It was all very special!
After a while we said our good byes and gave hugs! We headed to Dallas for the night and the next morning we drove down to San Antonio where we stayed on the river walk till Wednesday. We walked the river walk, took a boat ride, Went to the Alamo, Shopped, ate delicious food, slept in, went to inner space cavern and also a snake farm! (Tim's idea) ;-)
We got back in town Wednesday night, and spent the rest of the week fixing up the apartment.


A BIG thank you to Chris Nix for doing the sound. To Corey Hebert for doing the music. To Mrs Cummings for keeping us on track. To Veronica for doing our make-up. To Melissa for doing our hair. To Samuel for the wonderful and encouraging Toast. To the Cronin family for your help with everything. To Leann Starne and Terri Odom for all your help with the decorations! To Mrs Cramer for all the wonderful food! To Crystal and Hannah for your hours of helping me with bridesmaid dresses! You girls are the best!
To My wonderful family who put all this together, my Mom went with out sleep to make sure everything was ready! Love you Mom! To the Hebert's for the great rehearsal dinner. To Lindsay and Ryan for the hotel room! It was great! And I'm sure there are many more... but for the sake of this sounding like I won a Grammy I'll stop! ;-)

Enjoy the pictures! ;-)

Love,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie!
    I know this is soooooo late in coming, but this post made me cry! It was so sweet!!! I read your proposal story when you posted it, but then I lost your blog for a year!:-P I do enjoy your pictures on FaceBook though. Anyway, a very belated Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz! It's good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete