What powerful words....
For a wedding gift we received Love & Respect on CD (Thanks Chris & Steph)
The last couple days I have been listening to them while the baby is asleep or while we are playing on the floor. (she likes them too!) We don't have a cd player at home yet so it's either here or in the car I get to listen to them. I think I'm going to buy the book so Tim and I can go through it together...
It has been very interesting and informative to me.... Love & Respect is about how we treat our spouses. Woman most want to be and feel loved, while men most want to feel respected. (doesn't mean they don't want to be loved, just that respect is more important to them)
Here's a video I found on it:
The crazy cycle:
That's what the author calls it when spouses start to argue.... for whatever reason the wife feels unloved, because she feels unloved her natural response is disrespect her husband which then leads him to be unloving and the whole crazy thing starts over again! Wow!
I was talking to Tim about it the other night, telling him what I had learned... He said he could totally see how that yucky cycle could get started.
We then started talking about how we need to recognize when we start treating each other that way and to step away from the "crazy cycle"
We girls see and hear things through pink colored glasses and hearing aids while guys see and hear through blue! Of course we are going to hurt and miss understand each other! And most of the time with out even knowing it... but the key is to be sensitive enough to know when something is not right.
Well, there's what I think of it so far, and I'm only on the second cd! :-)
Oh , and I realize most of you girls/guys who are reading this are not married yet, but that's okay... Start practicing now.... Girls respect your Dad's!
Boy's love your Mom's... Your future spouse will thank you! ;-)
~Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:33
SO glad that you broke into those cds! Aren't they powerful? As far as not being married yet, Chris and I learned the Love & Respect stuff before we got married so it just kind of flowed into our relationship - i think it helped make the pre-marriage and early marriage stage smoother.
ReplyDeleteLove this series! I have the book. Very practical and applicable. Just kinda makes sense!
ReplyDelete